Day 80: Real Life Sitcom


"Your practice should be strengthened by the difficult situations you encounter, just as a bonfire in a strong wind is not blown out, but blazes even brighter."

- Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, "Teachings on the Nature of Mind and Practice"
 
I wonder sometimes how my life would look on TV, as a sitcom. Something of the Modern Family or Parenthood variety. Maybe that's why I love those shows so much - because they are so "real life" to me. 

I find myself in the midst of such bizarre, yet interesting circumstances that many times I don't even know what to make of it. It's almost so odd that it's overloaded my senses and blurred my reality, so that I'm not really experiencing clear emotions. It's all sort of, meh. 

Some days seem pretty crazy. Others feel incredibly dull. I hesitate to go into too much detail because every time I try, I find myself in this weird maze of confusion where I keep getting more and more lost in how I feel or what I think I should do.

I'm so used to laying everything out on the table and then using logic or reason to analyze the situation and find some clear, actionable process to implement. But lately I've just been tired and I've realized that the best I can do right now is just go along for the ride and see what happens.

Throw another log on the fire!



Comments

Popular Posts