Day 83: Almost There

I am convinced that finishing this year and this blog (the 90 "Day" posts), will be the closing of one chapter and the opportunity to open a new one. Granted, this "chapter" is really more like a book at this point, with a series of chapters that explore a deep journey of mine this past year and some pretty extraordinary changes. 

I think it's interesting that I didn't end up writing for 90 days straight. In some ways, I'm disappointed. But in other ways, I realize this pushed me to continue writing when I felt like I needed to.

Admittedly, this post is one of the ones where I'm forcing it a little. Most of my writing came pretty naturally to me and I didn't have to push myself too hard to find the words or the message. But like everything in life, there are times when things come easy and other times (most of the time) where you have to push yourself to do what you need to do.

It's so interesting - this place I'm in right now - feels a little like an "in-between" place. I feel like I'm getting into a groove, but haven't quite nailed it down yet. I'm noticing some good signs though.

I'm singing a little louder. 

I'm dancing around my house again. 

My mind is starting to feel lighter and my heart is feeling stronger. 

It's like I'm rediscovering myself all over again. Apparently this happens a lot throughout life.

I don't expect to arrive anywhere. I know better than that. I don't expect to get to a place where there's no more drama, although that's a constant goal of mine. I'm learning how to let go. How to be okay with no control. To be patient, to forgive and to accept.

There are always lessons to be learned around us, if we're paying attention. The day we have nothing more to learn, is the day we transcend to the next place.


Comments

Popular Posts