Day 81: I'm the star in my own life, remember?

Last night I laid in bed with a lot of heavy thinking keeping me awake. I realized that I'm not currently playing the lead role in my life. I'm not the star of my own show. What gives? 

I don't know how or when I started living my life as a supporting actress. But it's not working out. I'm letting everything just sort of pass me by. I'm not leading an adventure anymore. I'm totally bored. I don't do well with being bored. 

The problem is I'm sort of waiting for something to happen. Hoping the Universe will surprise me with some kind of jolt of excitement. Without me really needing to do anything for it to happen. That's reasonable right? 

Okay, all joking aside, I've realized this is unacceptable living on my part. I need to start taking action and making my life better on my own. I've fallen into this slump where I expect that once some external life event happens or I meet someone new everything will be great. 

I know better than this.

I don't know the answer yet. But I know I need to start taking action with my life. I need to step up and play the lead role. 

Starting.... tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts