Day 70: The Psychic

For the first time in my life, I saw a psychic. Truth be told, I've always been a bit of a skeptic. The whole idea of all that supernatural stuff - being hypnotized, having your future told, people reading your mind - it all sounded too good to be true. But how I wished it were all true.

I actually received this particular psychic's business card years ago. Maybe even before Cambria was born, if not shortly after. My friend had seen him and raved about her experience. She said the cost was $75, but you paid whatever you felt your session was worth. He also recorded the hour-long reading so you could keep it and refer back to it, which I thought was pretty cool. Just those two things alone (not to mention my friend's enthusiastic recommendation) made me interested in setting up an appointment. But I never did. And eventually after a few moves, I lost his card.

When I started working at my recent job a couple years ago, the women on my team were ecstatic about this psychic they had seen. Their minds were officially blown. The stories they told were shocking (to each other - I had no frame of reference yet, being so new to the group). I knew then that I'd like to make an appointment. But I didn't.

So finally, about 6 months ago, I asked one of my co-workers for his information. And I set up 2 back-to-back appointments for me and Mauricio. Now this was back in October or November - it takes a while to get in with this guy. So obviously my whole world had changed since the time I booked the appointment. But I thought that would just make things a little more interesting.

So we went. Yes, I allowed Mauricio to come as well. And our minds were officially blown.

First it was me. Mauricio was going to come an hour later for his appointment. I sat down with this psychic and as I was casually looking around the room I noticed his business card. He was the same psychic my friend told me about years and years ago. Fate perhaps?

Anyway, my reading was incredible. He wasn't always accurate, but for the most part he was. He gave me such interesting advice. He described my relationship with Mauricio as if it were two different relationships (which, in many ways, is true). He also told me that it wasn't possible for us to be friends. We'd either be romantically involved or go our separate ways.

If we chose to go our separate ways though, I need not worry. My "soul mate" would come into my life by August or September of this year. Yup.

We would get married and I'd have two other kids - a daughter and a son. And all this would be sooner than I'd expect. So...that's pretty freaking cool : )

Needless to say, it was a little weird walking out of my appointment knowing this and seeing Mauricio. It's true, we have been trying to be friends. Playing it by ear really. It's hard to give up your significant other. But even harder to give up your best friend at the same time. So we've been holding on to at least our friendship.

Mauricio's reading was even more mind-blowing than mine. But the psychic did give Mauricio a word of caution in terms of our relationship - figure out whether you can commit or not, because that's what she needs. And if you can't, then be kind. Let her go and be happy.

The psychic also said we were telepathically connected, so essentially once I decide to "let go" he'll sense that and want to come closer. But once I've made my decision, I'll need to stand my ground.

Obviously this was all a lot to take in. And this wasn't even half of the reading. But this has really been an issue at the forefront of my life. And I realized it's time to make a decision.

Comments

Popular Posts