Day 63: Viewing my world in a new way

I find myself still working to transition into this new life. I do feel the progress, which is actually pretty cool when you're aware of it. I'll be a little more sensitive if I talk to or see Mauricio, which I've had to occasionally as he's still getting his things. But I had an interesting suggestion - to rearrange my furniture. I'm not sure that I could make too many changes since the layout of my house is pretty limited, but it's not a bad idea. It made me start to look at my house differently. It presented a challenge and offered a sense of freedom to do whatever I wanted with it. In fact, I may even decide to repaint my living room wall. It's a beautiful, vibrant orange right now, but it really feels more like "me and Mauricio." How should it look now? Now that it's just me?

Thinking this way has brought on a new phase of this rediscovery phase and I like it. Just thinking about it feels healing. I think I'm going to consider looking into this more tomorrow. And even if I can't find a way to move around my furniture, maybe putting on a fresh coat of paint could do the trick?

At the very least, I'm sure this will inspire me to ponder what it means for me to be the "new" me. The single me. The "only me and Cambria" me.

Comments

Popular Posts