Day 67: Am I there yet?

Wow, as you can see I'm definitely falling into a poor performance with this blog. I guess it's still a better record than any of my journals - which I would update once every few years. I really did have pure intentions, to write every day for 90 days straight. However, that may have been a little unrealistic for myself. Oh well - aim for the moon, land among the stars!

It's funny, because I really do experience this sort of trend in my life. As soon as I think I've reached the "safe zone" where I'm in a rhythm and found a nice and steady pace, The Universe gives me a nice, sometimes comical, sometimes sad, sometimes scary reminder to keep me on my toes. 

The thing is, I'm surrounded by people who thrive on change. Most of my generation is known for changing jobs, moving houses or even out of state, getting married, getting divorced...change, change, change. And rapidly too! While I do enjoy change and can adjust fairly easily, I certainly don't seek it out. In fact, I'm usually just fine staying at the same job for years, staying in the same home, staying with the same guy (okay, only recently since he was presumed to be the man of my dreams). It's only until some pretty significant circumstance creeps up and nudges me to change that I find myself in transition. 

What's also strange, is that my life has always seemed to be somewhat of a roller coaster of extreme ups and downs. Again, much of that was out of my control, but I seemed to do well in chaos. Not that I would have chosen chaos - I would have liked some stability and consistency. Which is what I thought I found recently, for the past four years. Now all of a sudden here I am, in change again.

This time though, I'm embracing the change and trying to allow it to empower me. I want to use this as an opportunity to reorganize my life and refresh my priorities. But mostly I want to let everything settle so Cambria feels like she still has a handle on her world. So while I can't control the change in our family, I can control how we respond. And I can try to minimize any new big changes that could come our way. Like moving...we were going to move, now we aren't. It's as simple as that.

At this point I'm just trying to sit back and enjoy the ride. In other words, focus on the journey, not the destination. 

Comments

Popular Posts