Day 34: Finally Gave Into Twilight

Yes, yes, I know. The Twilight craze. Honestly, I never read the books and never intended to see the movies. Vampires and werewolves just really aren't my thing. But I guess since I've been in need of a few escapes from reality (i.e. movies) and I've watched everything that I ever gave a thought to watching, I'm now curious about the movies other people have raved about and I always dismissed. What do I have to lose. 

And quite frankly, I've been surprised at a number of movies. For example, I rented 'The Change Up" or I think that's what it's called. I had extremely low expectations. But I was honestly surprised. I thought about how difficult it would be for an actor to play another actor, playing a character. And the storyline wasn't so bad either. It felt somewhat genuine - what it was like to live another life. By the way - Leslie Mann was absolutely amazing in this movie. I thought she played her character with so much depth and frankly, I could relate to her.

But yes, Twilight. So I finally watched the first few movies and I can definitely see the appeal. The first one was okay, the second was better. Very romantic indeed and what can I say, I'm a sucker for unique romances. 

Anyway that's my update and it's all I have for today. I surrendered. Although I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm a true fan. At least not die hard. But if I had to pick, I would definitely say I was part of "Edward's Team" or whatever people refer to that division as. : )

Comments

Popular Posts