Day 19: Remember to Breathe

So I don't really have a lot to say tonight and I'm really tired. But I did want to write about a very simple concept that I have a really hard time with. It's the art of breathing. I have actually set up a reminder in my Outlook that comes up every 30 minutes and tells me to stretch, walk, breathe and drink water. Ha! Can you imagine seeing a reminder to do those things? What has my life come to! But it's true, I literally will catch myself not breathing (at least not taking real breaths). These are basic, essential elements of life and yet I need a reminder to do them.

Anyway - I'm not sure that I'm alone in this problem so I thought I'd share. The truth is, while I don't do this every time the reminder comes up, it helps me remember to be aware of myself for a moment. Breathe deeply, stand up, move my legs around, drink water - just take a moment to do what I know is good for me.

...Do what I know is good for me. I like that.

Comments

  1. Jennie, I frequently catch myself not breathing! It's so weird that we have to remind ourselves to do these things! Lylas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts