Day 6: Good Days and Bad Days

I have to admit, I'm really happy that I've made it 6 days in a row writing in this blog. I know it's not much and may seem silly, but it's important to me to stick to something right now. I'm horrible at following through with goals. They're easy some days and hard other days. Sometimes fun, sometimes completely lame. 

A couple years ago I realized I have terrible will-power. It's embarrassing. The holidays are the worst too. Way too many temptations to be able to stick to anything. Desserts are by far my biggest weakness. I love food in general, but I have a crazy sick tooth. And I've found that I eat when I'm stressed. Not a good thing. I totally get how easy it is to lose yourself and get overweight. So I keep setting these completely ridiculously easy goals. Okay, if I have a latte in the morning, I'm not going to eat any desserts in the evening. Even those delicious holiday chocolates at my office. Oh screw it I don't care I'm eating them. 

Yeah. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Don't get me started on waking up in the morning. Poor Cambria. We're always rushing out the door. It's nearly impossible for me to wake up early. I know exactly how long it takes for us to get ready in the minimal amount of time, so there's no way I'm losing out on extra sleep. And the days I actually do get up early - we either get out the door at the same time anyway, or there's extra traffic so I get to the office at the same time. So what's the point?  I choose sleep. And naturally chaos comes with it. 

I'm realizing how important it is to stick to SOMETHING. Anything. And for now, writing is my limit. It's not hard. I do try to make it enjoyable and worthwhile to any readers out there, but honestly right now I'm just writing anything to say I wrote each day. And I deeply appreciate those who could be reading these despite their lack of incredibleness. I'm okay with that right now.

Now I'm going to relax, watch a movie, have a glass of wine and practice the other important thing in life - downtime. 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts