Day 25: The Little Things

I'm not going to write a lot tonight because one of the things that makes me happy is sleep. I love sleep. Not because I'm lazy, but because I love escaping to this dream world where anything is possible...and my bed is incredibly comfy. 

I did want to mention that the process I'm going through right now has been an interesting one. Very different from other challenging times. I'm not going to lie - there are moments that I wish I could numb myself to reality so I could escape the pain. But I'm very self-aware this time and I think that in a way, it's helping. 

I think I'm doing a pretty good job of allowing myself to feel what I feel, and to continually remind myself that with time, it will be better. Knowing that is truly one of the biggest things that's saving my sanity right now. 

Other small, yet impactful things are watching good movies, enjoying a glass or two of wine, and eating whatever I want. Girl scout cookies are one of my saviors. Good thing I didn't finish off both boxes today. I also gave in to Cambria's request to get ice cream. I knew how much that meant to her so I eventually got some for her - she really did twist my arm.

I'm not completely neglecting my health. I finally set up the exercise trampoline I had in a box and I've been jumping on it while watching shows like the Daily Show and Parks and Recreation. I remind myself of Evelyn (Kathy Bates) in Fried Green Tomatoes. I'm pretty sure there's a scene with her in an 80s suit jumping on a trampoline. I can't remember if she was eating doughnuts in that scene or not. But then I thought of the part when she had the best line of the movie:

[Evelyn is cut off in a parking lot]
Evelyn Couch: Hey! I was waiting for that spot!
Girl #1: Face it, lady, we're younger and faster!
[Evelyn rear-ends the other car six times]
Girl #1: What are you *doing*?
Girl #2: Are you *crazy*?
Evelyn Couch: Face it, girls, I'm older and I have more insurance

That made me smile. I love those moments of victory. 
Anyway, this weekend I've decided to take Cambria shopping for some new house/bedroom decor. We'll need some help to make this house our own. She told me the other night that we weren't really a family without her sisters and Dad. I told her we've always been a family and always will be. If we get to have extra people included in our family at one time or another, that's just a bonus. But we'll always have each other. 


Towanda! 


Comments

Popular Posts