Day 26: Very Funny, Universe

Today was okay - a good mix of high and low energy, happy and down feelings. I decided to take down the girls' bunk beds so we could make room for Cambria's new bed and a few things to make her room her own. I felt good that I was able to take down the bunk beds - initially I wanted someone else to do it but I didn't want to wait anymore so I got out my tool kit and did it myself. 

Then I got a little sad, so I went and laid down in bed while Cambria was playing in her room. When I heard her open her door, I jumped up and asked if she was ready to go to the store. Without realizing that I was forcing this, she happily agreed and off we went on our adventure to TJ Maxx, hoping to find a few things to make us feel better about our family's downsizing. 

We actually were pretty successful. Spent twice as much money than I would have liked but I felt good about what we got and decided to suck it up because it was worth it this time. So I was back up again, somewhat re-energized by our mission to decorate our house.

After we loaded up the car I went to take the basket back to the store. Something shiny on the ground caught my eye, and I realized it was a silver ring. Not just any ring of course, because that wouldn't be interesting. It was a freakin wedding/engagement ring. What the hell man! Beautiful too. Lots of sparkly diamonds. I sighed and went into the store to give it to the cashier. But not before slipping it half way on my ring finger. It was too big anyway.

I got in the car and Cambria was thrilled, talking non-stop about how grateful she was that I bought her an African-American Barbie doll (she was super cute about this, by the way). In this instance, I'm lucky to have a kid who can completely carry a conversation on by herself for the whole car ride home. I really didn't feel like talking anyway. And her genuine happiness made me feel good.

We got home, unloaded the car, moved the rest of the bunk bed frame pieces into our sunroom and proceeded into Cambria's room for a "Meet Meeting" where she introduced me to all of her dolls, as well as formally introduced her new Barbie, Sasha, to the club. I did a half-way decent job remaining "entertained" while my beautiful little ray of sunshine took each of her Barbies one by one and told me their names. Then she turned the radio on (ugh, I despise the radio) so Sasha could dance for everyone. 

Next stop - ice cream and movie night. No good family movies so as a desperate alternative to "Santa Buddies" or something like that, we got the Green Hornet. She seems to be digging the super hero movies, and there's something about the color green that's a reoccurring theme.

Now I need to intervene because I just heard this song come on the radio ... something about "I'm Sexy and I Know it"??? Ahhh! What is happening?! I'm throwing away her radio and replacing it with a walkman. I think I still have some mixed tapes I could give her. Or we can always fall back on Bob Marley. : )

Peace and Love

Comments

Popular Posts