Day 3: The Art of Single Mommyhood

Today was the first day back to the office and Cambria was forced to go to the daycare program at her school (she goes back to school tomorrow). She's been living the life during her break, so it was a harsh reality that one day people all have to go back to the grind - even her. 

Of course along with the first day back I quickly realized I've been out of the "single mom" phase for awhile now and it's going to be tough to get back into the swing of things. So many things to remember this morning. Trash day - we missed it last week so we have a mini landfill by our driveway separated into recycling bags overflowing with wrapping paper and boxes that contained gifts for our privileged children on Xmas morning, and then the normal yucky trash that if I were a model citizen I could turn into compost...but I'm not quite there yet.

Okay so my 8 year old and I spent about 15 minutes hauling all the trash and recycling to the corner of our driveway this morning. I felt pretty tough in my high heels. 

Of course since hot lunch wasn't an option I needed to remember to pack a lunch for her, so we got that done. I couldn't forget my work badge otherwise I'd be locked out of the building so I made sure to grab that. Needed to make sure the cats and the bird had food and water. Turned down the heat to 60 since I now have less of a budget to spend on luxuries like warmth. Turned off all the lights. 

Purse...check. Coat...check. Phone...check. Child...check. Healthy snacks...ok forgot those on the counter but I'll survive. And we're off. A little later than I would have liked, but nothing too crazy.

Get to work and realize I forgot my laptop. Check.

Comments

Popular Posts